"Check your bumps for lumps"
"Yes my boobs are fake, my real ones tried to kill me."
"Whoever said winning isn't everything, obviously wasn't fighting breast cancer"
You might have seen these slogans on pink t-shirts mostly worn by women during October. They may even sound funny, but the campaign behind that has the seriousness of life and death.
Breast cancer is indeed a humorless issue. It is basically a malignant tumor which begins in breast cells. And is mostly found in women, however, men can be targets too.
Fighting cancer can be done with the most basic things, including your diet. Nature has provided the organic ways in avoiding the disease.
Below are common examples...
Food Tips to Prevent Breast Cancer:
• Carrots - this vegetable contains retinoic acid, which studies have shown to maintain youthful glow and reverses the early inner cell changes that leads to breast cancer. This helps stop the progression of the disease in the early stages. It is said that high amount of alpha carotene in the blood has lower risks with cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
• Walnuts - scientific studies have found that walnuts have nutrients that may prevent cancer. Some of these are: Gallic acid, phytosterols, melatonin and omega-3 fatty acids.
• Whole Grains - they can help protect against various types of cancers including prostate and breast. Whole grains contain plant estrogens and antioxidants which balance the glucose response and lower the body acidity. This is a plus sign since cancer needs acidity to spread.
• Garlic - not just a part of cooking, but also useful to prevent breast cancer. Garlic contains compounds and antibacterial properties that may prevent the disease such as: flavonoids, allicin, and selenium. You may use the herb in its various forms, be it essential oil, extract, powder or supplements.
• Oranges - daily consumption of oranges helps in preventing the disease. Oranges are rich in vitamin C and limonoids which are phytochemicals that bears anti-cancer properties. You can use real orange and lemon oils in health drinks and cooking.
• Broccoli - this vegetable contain indole-3-carbinol which minimizes the levels of estrogen in women that may cause breast cancer. Broccoli helps block tumor growth and prevents the spread of cancer if it occurs.
• Tomatoes - these are rich in compounds called lycopene which lower the rates of breast and prostate cancer. You may consume tomatoes in forms like: juice, cooked, sauce and dried.